- an ancient Greek colony on the Asiatic side of the Dardanelles; scene of the legend of Hero and Leander
- The son of a temple priest in Abydos, he ruled Egypt from 1696-1686 BC.
- Many of the compounds found in the Abydos jar were present in the known herbal wine.
- Abydos is celebrated for its resistance to Philip V of Macedon in 200 BC and for the legend of Hero and Leander.
本镇以西元前200年时力抗马其顿（Macedon）的腓力五世（Philip V）进攻以及希腊传说希罗与李安德（Hero and Leander）而闻名。
- Next to the figures is the image of a stork devouring a snake. The stork represents Horus, the patron god of Abydos, while the snake is Set, the patron god of Naqada.
- Moreover, his tomb in the desert at Abydos may be the rudimentary blueprint upon which subsequent rulers based their own designs. In short, King Scorpion was one of the fathers of Egyptian civilization.