- Objective To determine the influence of the clasp design on abutment tooth of the partial denture.
- A female patient, aged 59 years old, underwent immediate implantation of the abutment tooth attached by a magnet in an overdenture.
- Results It was shown that periodontal support loss results in increased stress of the terminal abutment tooth without sudden changes.
- Methods Casting process was adopted for the preparation of the clasp, which was fixed at the points on the mesial and distal surfaces of the abutment tooth.
- The modified RPI clasp could provide adequate retention with the minimum undercut of the most distal part of abutment tooth and gain good esthetical effect.