- Yet, alcohol ranks as one of the most widely abused drugs.
- A critical clue came from the effects of another abused drug: PCP (phencyclidine), also known as angel dust.
- The study found that marijuana was the most commonly abused drug -- 8.5 percent said they had abused it -- followed by cocaine (2.8 percent) and amphetamines (2 percent).
- Youngsters taking these drugs are also more likely to smoke, research finds, while Ritalin and amphetamines are commonly abused drugs.
- Thismethod has been proved to be important and effective for the detection and identification of abused drugs andtheir metabolites in biological samples from poisoned persons.