- in a sparing manner; without overindulgence;
"he ate and drank abstemiously"
"indulged temperately in cocktails"
- Let the yogi eat mod er ate ly and abstemiously; otherwise, how ever clever, he cannot gain success.
- You can neither live according to a certain way nor live abstemiously according to what you have ever been taught.You have to restart from scratch.
- The two authors define the middle class abstemiously, as those who spend $2-10 a day, measured in 1993 purchasing-power-parity dollars.
- To reduce or avoid the occurrence of natural disasters, there is a need for a long-term measures to nip troubles in the bud, and protect and develop abstemiously the ecological resources.
- he ate and drank abstemiously; indulged temperately in cocktails.