- grant remission of a sin to;
"The priest absolved him and told him to say ten Hail Mary's"
- let off the hook;
"I absolve you from this responsibility"
- The police absolved the suspect.
- He cannot entirely absolve himself of the charge.
- I absolve you from your vows.
- The captain is absolved from all blame and responsibility for the shipwreck.
We had come without our spoon-bait for jack, which absolved us from fishing for the day.出自：Conan Doyle
It absolved him of all responsibility to them in the realm of financial speculation.出自：L. A. G. Strong
[释义]解除、免除贡献者: YenyuLin 2012-09-05 有用报错
- cleanse使 ... 清洁
- justify替 ... 辩护
- absolving:absolve v. 宣布免除 英英解释:动词absolve:1. grant remission of a sin to2. let off the hook同义词：justify, free…