- 缺席的,不在的 not present; not in a place because of illness, etc.
- 没有的，缺乏的 not existing; lacking; not present in sth
- 心不在焉的; 走神的 showing that you are not really looking at or thinking about what is happening around you
- vt. 缺席,不参加,不在 not go to or be in a place where you are expected to be
- not being in a specified place
"the thumb is absent"
"her appetite was lacking"
- lost in thought; showing preoccupation;
"an absent stare"
"an absentminded professor"
"the scatty glancing quality of a hyperactive but unfocused intelligence"
- go away or leave;
"He absented himself"
- Professor Li is absent, I will take the lesson in the place of him.
- Many students were absent, notably the monitor.
- You should not be absent from class.
- Before such experiments, humans thought language skills were absent from the animal kingdom.
- Why did you absent yourself from school yesterday?
After the party he telephoned his absent friends.
The absent party is always to blame.
He had an absent look on his face.
He listened with an absent air and kept glancing at the door.
He is a reckless driver and often drives in an absent way.
When I spoke to him, he looked at me in an absent way and didn't answer.
Three members of the class are absent today.
It would be less embarrassing to have a bath while Phillip was absent.
In the Manx type of cat, the tail is absent.
In that province a conventional political system was absent.
His look had grown absent, as if he were calling up memories.
She was absent, preoccupied.
He was absent at roll call.
I want permission to be absent for a week.
At times he would be absent for a couple of days.
She was absent for no more than ten minutes.
He's been absent from work all week.
I'll be absent from home in the afternoon.
Several students are absent from school today.
Who is absent from the meeting?
She was absent from work〔school〕 with a cold.
I was absent from the meeting with leave.
He was absent from his work without leave.
Any sign of remorse was completely absent from her face.
The secretary is absent from mind today.
Calcium is absent from his diet.
Love was totally absent from my childhood.
Parental affection is absent from these children's lives.
Revenge is absent from his mind.
Something which is still absent from your work is any reference to class.
He is absent in Beijing.
Snow is absent in some countries.
This idiom is absent in that dictionary.
He is absent on business.
How many of them are absent without permission?
The absent are never without fault, nor the present without excuse.
Many absented this afternoon, appearing neither in person nor proxy.
Saying “ Would you please excuse me for a minute”, he absented himself.
The student absented himself without notice.
He absented himself from the picnic.
He had absented himself from the office for the day.
He absented himself from the meeting without good reason.
The club attempted to induce its members to absent themselves from the bar.
- absent at roll call 点名时不在
- absent for an indefinite period 无限期缺席
- absent from someplace 不在某地
- absent from a meeting 未出席会议
- absent from home 不在家
- absent from one's native place 背井离乡
- absent from school 缺课
- absent from work 缺勤
- absent in one's mind 心不在焉
- absent in someplace 在某地,而不在说话人所在地
- absent on a tour 外出旅行
- absent without leave 擅自缺席,擅离职守
- absent without reason 无故缺席
Absent officers were summoned.出自：James Mill
If he absents himself from her side.出自：D. Runyon
- 指某人不在某地用absent from，如absent from Shanghai意为“不在上海”，而说某人absent in Shanghai时，则是指“在上海”；
涉及到不会动的东西时，absent in ...意为“不在……里”或“在……里没有”，可参考absence， 但是有特例。
Prejudice is absent from his mind.
- be absent from, be absent in
这两个短语在接表示地点的名词时,含意不同：be absent from的意思是“不在…(地方)”; be absent in的意思是“在某地,而不在说话人所在地”。试比较：
- He was absent from London.
- He was absent in London.
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自中世纪法语的asbent；最初源自拉丁语的asbentem，意为离开的原因。
[近反义词]present adj. 到场的，出席的，现存的 existing adj. 现存的，正在使用的贡献者: wanghaili 2012-08-01 有用报错
- adj.(形容词) away gone missing out truant lacking blank distracted dreamy empty heedless inattentive preoccupied unaware unthinking vacant vague
- v.(动词) cause to be not present fail to attend keep away not appear play truant stay away
- absently adv. 心不在焉地; 出神地‖ absentee n. 缺席者‖absenteeism n. (经常无故)旷工; 旷课
- absents:absent adj. 不在的, 缺席的, 缺少的vt. 缺席 英英解释:动词absent:1. go away or leave同义词：remove形容词absent:1. not in a spe…