- (election) a ballot that is cast while absent (usually mailed in prior to election day)
- Bush, who cast an absentee ballot for Sen.
- The return of an ongoing absentee ballot as undeliverable.
- However, those living overseas may have voted weeks ago by absentee ballot .
- Members who were absent at the assembly could request absentee ballots.
- I came home to vote in the presidential election, because they wouldn't give me an absentee ballot.
- Election officials are extending office hours today to give poll voters additional time to pick up an absentee ballot.