a person who descends down a nearly vertical face by using a doubled rope that is wrapped around the body and attached to some high point
- Join a wine tasting club or complete an abseil for charity.
- Belarus soldiers of special troops abseil from a helicopter during exercises in Minsk, 21 June 2007.
- An abseiler died in Tai Po after being found hanging sixty feet from the top of a cliff with a rope wrapped around his neck.
- Now, when I feel the old urge to abseil or explore caves or teeter at a great height I remind myself that I do not have to prove a thing.
- Semi-static ropes have moderate extension under load to facilitate interventions and abseil decents at moderate speeds.
- Now, when I feel the old urge to abseil or explore caves or teeter at a great height I remind myself that I don't have to prove a thing.