- (mountaineering) a descent of a vertical cliff or wall made by using a doubled rope that is fixed to a higher point and wrapped around the body
- lower oneself with a rope coiled around the body from a mountainside;
"The ascent was easy--roping down the mountain would be much more difficult and dangerous"
"You have to learn how to abseil when you want to do technical climbing"
- Join a wine tasting club or complete an abseil for charity.
- Belarus soldiers of special troops abseil from a helicopter during exercises in Minsk, 21 June 2007.
- Semi-static ropes have moderate extension under load to facilitate interventions and abseil decents at moderate speeds.
- Now, when I feel the old urge to abseil or explore caves or teeter at a great height I remind myself that I don't have to prove a thing.
- If you do find yourself on a route that is too long to lower off, the easiest way is to pull a spare rope up and abseil off.
- diagonal abseil斜式绕绳下降...
- abseil:abseil n. (登山运动中的)沿绳滑下法…