- An abscission zone occurs at the base of the organ.
- The shedding of leaves,flowers,or fruits following the formation of the abscission zone.
- Peroxidase activity in the pedicel abscission zone of young cotton boll was promoted either by removing the opposite leaf, removing stigma, or spraying ethrel on the flower.
- The results showed that ethylene could accelerate the abscission during incubation,Ca2+-ATPase activity first rose sharply and then declined quickly. Subsequently,there was a increase in the activity of Endo-PG,PE,CMC-Na enzyme in abscission zone.
- The experiment results indicated that cellulase activity in abscission zone from petiole of bean and cotyledon petiole of cotton was increased after treatment of GA_3, but it was inhibited by IAA.