- 在国外; 到国外 in or to a foreign country
- 〈正〉广为流传 being talked about or felt by many people; over a wide area;everywhere
- 在室外; 到室外 outside;outdoors;out of doors
- in a foreign country;
- to or in a foreign country;
"they had never travelled abroad"
- far away from home or one's usual surroundings;
"looking afield for new lands to conquer"
- in a place across an ocean
- He is travelling abroad.
- The news spread abroad.
- There's a rumour abroad that she intends to leave the company.
- Our products have entered the markets abroad.
- He's currently abroad on business.
She goes abroad every year.
We always go abroad in the summer.
We try to go abroad at least once a year.
He is keen on going abroad to study.
Are you going abroad for your holidays?
He is adverse to going abroad.
Shall we go to Mexico or abroad this summer?
Don't bank on going abroad this summer, we may not have enough money.
My friend has gone to live abroad.
Our company ships farm machinery abroad .
All my near relations live abroad.
He lived abroad for much of his life.
Though I have stayed abroad for a few decades,I have always been concerned about my motherland.
She worked abroad for a year.
Does the idea of working abroad appeal to you?
His son studies abroad.
Her accent argues that she was born abroad .
He spent the major part of a year abroad.
My grandfather spent many years abroad.
The good news was soon spread abroad.
The minister was flinging his arms wildly abroad.
Pour syrup on it and spread it abroad with a rolling-pin.
I used to walk abroad after supper.
It has happened both here and abroad.
He's currently abroad on business.
Have you ever been abroad?
No one was abroad in the noonday heat.
Not a soul was abroad that morning.
The young people were still abroad at the dead of night.
It's unsafe to be abroad at night in some parts of New York City.
A rumor is abroad about his death.
The rumour is abroad that she intends to leave the company.
You're all abroad.
He was all abroad when he heard the news.
The streets are flooded, so that you will not be able to get abroad today.
The happy tidings soon got abroad.
It came abroad in me.
Chinese export commodities have enjoyed growing favor among buyers abroad.
George gave a long account of his travel abroad .
On our trip abroad we visited many relatives in England.
The situation abroad is favourable to us.
There is clearly a new spirit abroad.
There was news abroad that a change was coming.
There was no one abroad so early.
There's a rumor abroad that Kevin is a thief.
A lion at home, a mouse abroad.
I just got back from abroad.
After his return from abroad he came to see me.
Investments from abroad set another record last year.
They first tried to import such machines from abroad, but soon found that it did not answer.
- (both) at home and abroad
国内外in one's own country and in other countries
He was famous both at home and abroad. 他享誉国内外。
The choir performs regularly both at home and abroad. 这个合唱团经常在国内外演出。
That country is beset with difficulties at home and abroad. 那个国家目前内外交困。
He had received a lot of visitors at home and abroad in his house. 他在家里接待了许多国内外客人。
- 国内外in one's own country and in other countries
The loue of God is shed abroad in our hearts.出自：Bible (AV): Romans
The..wind Will blow these sands like Sibyl's leaves abroad.出自：Titus Andronicus,Shakespeare
Stretched abroad on the seashore.出自：Longfellow
- 意为“到海外去”与“在外国”，但无“从海外来”的意思，应用from abroad表达；
- 可在名词后作为形容词，如a long stay abroad；
- abroad不可用在介词in或to之后,但可说from abroad,意思是“从国外”。
- abroad的反义词不是home,而是at home。“国内外”说(both) at home and abroad ,是固定短语。
- ☆ 15世纪进入英语，直接源自古英语的on brede，意为出门，离开家。
- overseas out of the country all around astir at large in circulation rife round and about forth out in the open air out outdoors out of doors out of the house outside
- abroad:abroad adv. 往国外, 到处, 海外, 广泛, 差得远, 心里没有谱习惯用语be all abroad 茫然不解, 感到莫名其妙, 离题太远, 不中肯from abroad 从国外, 从海外…