- an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off
- erosion by friction
- the wearing down of rock particles by friction due to water or wind or ice
- The injuries range from abrasions of the cornea and bruises of the lids to internal eye injuries, such as retinal detachments and internal bleeding.
- The fibres of the rope were subject to abrasions as the glass panels had sharp edges.
- With hand-made abrasions, light whiskering and a vintage wash, this jean is sure to be in heavy rotation in your wardrobe!