- They are pedantry and hypocritical, yet they pretend to be above politics and worldly considerations, but still, they finally merge with the common citizens quietly.
- It cannot be good for a country to subscribe to a fairy-tale version of its own history in which the king never does wrong, stays above politics and only ever intervenes on the side of democracy.
- King Bhumibol Abulyadej, regarded as a near deity and above politics by Thais, has publicly stayed out of the country's political turmoil.
- Conversation on such an occasion is not expected to soar above polite commonplaces.
- Mr. Bush spoke of the need to rise above political differences to heal old wounds, and said he understands that many African-Americans distrust his Republican Party.
- If they now start to paralyze the government, or drive it in the direction set by the SPD, she will lose her image as a leader capable of rising above political adversity.