- 在...的附近，在...的周围 ，在...的身边
- on the move;
"up and about"
"the whole town was astir over the incident"
- (of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct;
"lasted approximately an hour"
"in just about a minute"
"he's about 30 years old"
"I've had about all I can stand"
"we meet about once a month"
"some forty people came"
"weighs around a hundred pounds"
"holds 3 gallons, more or less"
"20 or so people were at the party"
- all around or on all sides;
"dirty clothes lying around (or about)"
"let's look about for help"
"There were trees growing all around"
"she looked around her"
- in the area or vicinity;
"a few spectators standing about"
"waited around for the next flight"
- used of movement to or among many different places or in no particular direction;
"wandering about with no place to go"
"people were rushing about"
"news gets around (or about)"
"traveled around in Asia"
"he needs advice from someone who's been around"
"she sleeps around"
- in or to a reversed position or direction;
"suddenly she turned around"
- in rotation or succession;
"turn about is fair play"
- (of actions or states) slightly short of or not quite accomplished; all but;
"the job is (just) about done"
"the baby was almost asleep when the alarm sounded"
"we're almost finished"
"the car all but ran her down"
"he nearly fainted"
"talked for nigh onto 2 hours"
"the recording is well-nigh perfect"
"virtually all the parties signed the contract"
"I was near exhausted by the run"
"most everyone agrees"
- Tell me all about it.
- It is about six o'clock now.
- It was a long flight and it took about fourteen hours.
- All about us in the store were piles of goods.
- Dinner is about ready.
- He spoke to a few spectators standing about.
- He's eighty now, and doesn't get about much any more.
- He was about to start.
- A new book is about to be brought out.
- I was about to go out when he called on me.
- There is a rumor about that they're getting divorced.
A mead Bordered about with warbling water brooks.出自：W. Owen
Be wary, look about.出自：Romeo Juliet,Shakespeare
- 在指“不久就要……”时，后通常接不定式，如about to start。也有接动名词，如about starting。但是不可再加表示时间的词，如不可说about starting at once；
- 指“大约”的意思时，表达方式有about ten，about half等。注意ten和half都是明确的数量，about不该用在“多少不定”的词前，如about more than ten，about less than half；
I went (at) about five (o'clock).
about + 不定式，表示“即将要去做某事”。
Don't go out now - we're about to have lunch.
- about around round
- almost nearly about approximately around roughly
错句：It's the right way to go about the problem.
纠正：It 's the right way to tackle the problem.
- ☆ 9世纪前进英入语，直接源自古英语的onbutan，意为在……之外。
- on在 ... 之上
- upon在 ... 上
- over在 ... 的上方...
- on the point of即将
- as regards关于
- in relation to关于
- ready to准备, 快要, 乐于...
- on the subject of关于(论述
- in the region of在 ... 左右
- close to接近于
- just about差不多
- more or less或多或少
- or so大约
- about:aboutKK: 【】DJ: 【】 prep.1. 关于,对于My mother often spoke to me about you.家母常和我谈起你。2. 在...的附近;在...的周围She…