- an abortion-inducing drug (trade name RU_486) developed in France; when taken during the first five weeks of pregnancy it blocks the action of progesterone so that the uterus sloughs off the embryo
- The Vatican may fear that Mr Berlusconi could retaliate by dropping legislation to restrict living wills or blocking a hostile parliamentary inquiry into the use of mifepristone, an abortion pill.
- They believe the drug propranolol will be used to remove fearful memories and scientists are studying other medications, too, including a painkiller, a nausea drug and the abortion pill.
- Two recent deaths of women who had taken an abortion pill to terminate pregnancies stemmed from a bacterial infection, not from the pill itself, the Food and Drug Administration said Friday.
- The defeat was a bitter pill to swallow.
- I took a sleeping pill and soon came over drowsy.