- One rumour being spread suggests that, somehow, Catholic weddings and burials would be withheld from those who support a change in the abortion law.
- Ireland - which has been torn apart by a series of abortion referendums over the past 20 years - has the most restrictive abortion laws in Europe.
- WHEN Catholic clergy or “pro-life”politicians argue that abortion laws should be tightened, they do so in thebelief that this will reduce the number of terminations.
- WHEN Catholicclergy or “pro-life” politicians argue that abortion laws should be tightened,they do so in the belief that this will reduce the number of terminations.
- He took a lot of flak for his stand against abortion.
- The abortion issue is political dynamite.