- While some of the Aboriginal languages have been lost, people are trying hard to protect and record what is left.
- This combines many long lost cockney and Irish sayings of the early convicts with words from Aboriginal languages.
- Aboriginal languages are also becoming invisible for the same and other reasons, and this seems to be the inescapable predicament of a disadvantaged group.
- Arts Minister Peter Garrett said the money would be spent on translation services, tests for children and a feasibility study for a national centre for Aboriginal languages.
- Ji, a native of Shandong Province, was best remembered for his achievements in research on ancient Indian aboriginal languages and Sanskritic literature.He was well-versed in 12 foreign languages.