- Because of it, these people began to support the abolitionist movement.
- Such was the general political and economic picture in the United States when the Abolitionist Movement began to make itself felt.
- No one could be sure what would happen then.Such was the general political and economic picture in the United States when the abolitionist movement began to make itself felt.
- Spooner's book contributed to a controversy within the abolitionist movement over whether the United States Constitution supported the institution of slavery.
- Then there was a growing political force in the United States that would not be helpful to Clay's candidacy.That was the abolitionist movement, which opposed slavery.