- a seaman in the merchant marine; trained in special skills
- With all the variety and adventure, Able Seaman Green said she enjoyed her work.
- Thirty years before, he had been an able seaman on a sailing vessel that was wrecked in those treacherous waters.
- Besides her steward work in the wardroom Able Seaman Green is a member of the ship's firefighting team, which is ready to respond to any fire or toxic hazard incident.
- an able seaman; every able-bodied young man served in the army.
- At this rate we won't be able to afford a holiday.
- able-bodied seaman 熟练之水手...