- a member of the Circassian people who live to the east of the Black Sea
- a Circassian language spoken by the Abkhaz
- of or relating to Abkazia or its people or their language
- ABKHAZIA.Sukhum. 2005.Babushka Tanya's run down apartment.Her building was on the front line between Abkhazian and Georgian forces during the 1993 war.
- Witnesses say Russian troops remain entrenched deep in Georgian territory, away from the Abkhazian and South Ossetian borders, and that they still surround the key city of Gori.
- A rowdy wedding party nearly triggered a Russian naval attack after guests fired pistols and flare guns into the air on Georgia's disputed Abkhazian coast.