- a loss of vitality and a degeneration of cells and tissues not due to any apparent injury
- Abiotrophy means the loss of a vital nutritive factor.
- The condition in Kerry Blue Terriers is sometimes called progressive neuronal abiotrophy (PNA).
- Abiotrophy means the loss of a vital nutritive factor. The exact cause of cerebellar abiotrophy is not known, but it is thought to be due to an intrinsic metabolic defect.
- Cerebellar abiotrophy (CA), also referred to as the cerebellar cortical abiotrophy (CCA), which is a genetic neurological disease in animals best known to affect certain breeds of horses and dogs.
- cerebellar cortical extrapyramidal nuclear abiotrophy