- Indonesian president Abdurrahman Wahid said the bombs in Jakarta and other cities were an attempt to destabilize his already troubled government.
- Megawati Sukarnoputri was sworn in on July 23rd as Indonesia's fifth president by a special session of parliament which dismissed her predecessor Abdurrahman Wahid.
- Megawati Sukarnoputri was sworn in as Indonesian President yesterday after Parliament voted unanimously to dismi her predece or， Abdurrahman Wahid.
- Megawati Sukarnoputri was sworn in as Indonesian President yesterday after Parliament voted unanimously to dismiss her predecessor， Abdurrahman Wahid.
- Indonesia's military has backed President Abdurrahman Wahid's decision to suspend former armed forces chief, General Wiranto, from the cabinet.
- Indonesian President Abdurrahman Wahid has announced that the running of his government is being handed to his vice-president, Megawati Sukarnoputri.