- He will hand over the reins to Deputy Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi.
- Tun will rejoin Umno and will support Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah in his bid to challenge Abdullah Badawi for the Umno Presidency.
- It was a stunning setback for the multi-racial Barisan Nasional or National Front coalition of Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi.
- There are hints that the Prime Minister of Malaysia Abdullah Badawi will step down and appoint his deputy Najob Razak as the new Prime Minister.
- It is also a political hot potato, since it is caught up in the feud between Dr Mahathir and Abdullah Badawi, who succeeded him as prime minister in2003.