- Some lifestyle habits encourage the development of abdominal obesity.
- The diagnostic criteria for the NHLBI/AHA definition are abdominal obesity, atherogenic dyslipidemia, eleated blood pressure and eleated blood glucose.
- According to health guidelines, having a waist circumference of more than 40 inches for men or 35 inches for women is a key indicator of abdominal obesity.
- The diagnostic criteria for the NHLBI/AHA definition are abdominal obesity, atherogenic dyslipidemia, elevated blood pressure and elevated blood glucose.
- People with abdominal obesity are at higher risk for diseases such as diabetes and atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), which can lead to heart attack and stroke.