- vt. 正式放弃；让位
- vi. 退位；辞职
give up, such as power, as of monarchs and emperors, or duties and obligations;
"The King abdicated when he married a divorcee"
- He was forced to abdicate his claim on the property.
- He's abdicated all responsibility in the affair.
- The king was forced to abdicate his throne.
- King Edward VIII abdicated in 1936.
- I want to try something different so I abdicate the office.
They've abdicated their judicial function and reduced it to a rubber stamp.出自： C. T. Rowan
- renounce 声明放弃
- relinquish 放弃
- abandon 放弃
- resign 辞职
- give up 放弃
- vacate 空出
- quit 停止
- surrender 投降
- hand over 交出
- retire 退休
- step down 逐渐缩小
- deter 阻止