- give up, such as power, as of monarchs and emperors, or duties and obligations;
"The King abdicated when he married a divorcee"
- He was forced to abdicate his claim on the property.
- He's abdicated all responsibility in the affair.
- The king was forced to abdicate his throne.
- King Edward VIII abdicated in 1936.
- I want to try something different so I abdicate the office.
They've abdicated their judicial function and reduced it to a rubber stamp.出自：C. T. Rowan
- give up放弃
- hand over交出
- step down逐渐缩小
- abdicating:abdicate v. 退位, 放弃(职位,权力等) 英英解释:动词abdicate:1. give up, such as power, as of monarchs and emperors, o…