- 放纵 ，纵情，使听任，无拘无束，沉湎于，使沉溺于（oneself）
- vt. 放弃; 舍弃; 离开 leave a place, especially because it is difficult or dangerous to stay there
- vt. 离弃; 遗弃; 抛弃 leave completely and forever; desert; leave sb when you should stay with them and look after them
- vt. 放弃; 中止 give up or bring an end to (sth), especially without finishing it or gaining the intended result
- [U]〈书〉放任; 放纵 an uncontrolled way of behaving that shows that sb does not care what other people think
- the trait of lacking restraint or control; reckless freedom from inhibition or worry;
"she danced with abandon"
- a feeling of extreme emotional intensity;
"the wildness of his anger"
- forsake, leave behind;
"We abandoned the old car in the empty parking lot"
- give up with the intent of never claiming again;
"Abandon your life to God"
"She gave up her children to her ex-husband when she moved to Tahiti"
"We gave the drowning victim up for dead"
- leave behind empty; move out of;
"You must vacate your office by tonight"
- stop maintaining or insisting on; of ideas or claims;
"He abandoned the thought of asking for her hand in marriage"
"Both sides have to give up some claims in these negotiations"
- leave someone who needs or counts on you; leave in the lurch;
"The mother deserted her children"
- Those who abandon themselves to despair can not succeed.
- Despite some difficulties, they're not going to abandon the plan.
- The cruel man abandoned his wife and child.
- They abandon themselves to drinking.
- He signed cheques with careless abandon.
- The cheerleader waved his arms with wild abandon.
Jackson has abandoned his old car.
The car was badly damaged, so they abandoned it.
Snow forced many drivers to abandon their vehicles.
You're not supposed to abandon your car on the motorway.
The crew abandoned the sinking ship after a hard struggle.
We were sinking fast, and the captain gave the order to abandon the ship.
When the fire got out of control, the captain told the sailors to abandon the ship.
The enemy abandoned the city and fled.
People often simply abandon their pets when they go abroad.
The people abandoned the village before the soldiers came.
Most of the villagers have abandoned their homes and fled.
He abandoned his desolate home and set out on a long journey.
Tens of thousands of people have been forced to abandon their homes and native villages since the war broke out.
The cruel man abandoned his wife and children.
I'm sorry I abandoned you like that.
She abandoned her husband and children and went off with another man.
He abandoned his wife and children for another woman.
Long before the kingdom was overthrown the ministers had already abandoned the old king.
The country abandoned its political leaders after the war.
We will never abandon our principles.
She abandoned her journey temporarily.
He despairingly abandoned his search.
They had to abandon the match because of rain.
The bad weather forced them to abandon their search.
They abandoned their attempts to escape.
He abandoned the whole idea.
They had abandoned all hope.
I abandoned my hope of being a doctor.
I have abandoned hope of any reconciliation.
They abandoned all hope of finding the child.
The family had abandoned all hope of finding him alive.
The commander decided to abandon the plan for an all-out offensive.
The scientist abandoned his research for lack of fund.
By 1930 he had abandoned his Marxist principles.
The party has now abandoned its earlier commitment to restoring full employment.
Despite current problems, they have not abandoned their commitment to the peace process.
The doctor advised me to abandon smoking.
Ade urged me to abandon the habit of smoking.
My memory abandoned me completely at one point.
The building has been abandoned for a number of years.
The coastal settlements were abandoned in the 19th century.
When the rebel troops arrived, the village had already been abandoned.
The drought areas were not abandoned.
The baby had been abandoned by its mother.
She was abandoned by her boyfriend.
Hardy felt that he had been abandoned by all his followers.
This project should not be abandoned.
The game had to be abandoned because of crowd trouble.
The search was abandoned when night came, even though the child had not been found.
The searching for the missing child was abandoned after two weeks.
The plan was abandoned for some reason.
By this time, the steady state theory of the universe had been largely abandoned.
They abandoned it as useless.
An abandoned baby was found in a box on the hospital steps.
The police found the abandoned car.
She threw off her cloak with an abandoned gesture.
When her boyfriend left her, she felt very abandoned.
The car was found abandoned near the village.
- abandon for (v.+prep.)
放弃〔停止〕…而从事〔进行〕…stop sth to do a different thing abandon sth for sth
She abandoned law for the fine arts.她放弃法律而改学美术。
In his early days he abandoned medicine for literature.他早年弃医从文。
She abandoned paganism for Christianity.她放弃异教而改信基督教。
He abandoned the pen for the sword.他投笔从戎。用于 be ～ed 结构
Contemplation was abandoned for action.停止思考,起而行动。
- 放弃〔停止〕…而从事〔进行〕…stop sth to do a different thing abandon sth for sth
- abandon to (v.+prep.)
使全然陷入give (sth/sb/oneself) completely to (sth such as a feeling or condition, or sb) abandon sb/sth to sth/sb
We won't abandon her to the mercy of the criminal.我们不会弃她不顾而听任罪犯摆布。
They abandoned the city to the conqueror.他们把那个城市丢弃给征服者。
They had to abandon their lands and property to the invading forces.他们不得不放弃土地和财产,让侵略军占领。用于 be ～ed 结构
The affairs of the nation have been abandoned to dishonest politicians.治国大权已落入诡诈的政客手中。
The study showed a deep fear among the elderly of being abandoned to the care of strangers.研究表明,老人十分害怕被丢给陌生人照管。abandon sb/sth to one's fate
He abandoned his daughter to her fate.他遗弃了女儿,任其受命运摆布。
They abandoned us to our fate.他们撒手不管,让我们听天由命。
He abandoned it to its fate.对此事他无可奈何,只得听其自然。
He abandoned everyone else to their fate and fled to safety.他不管他人死活,独自逃生。abandon oneself to sth/v-ing
Don't abandon yourself to despair.不要悲观失望。
He abandoned himself to despair.他陷入绝望。
He abandoned himself to excessive grief.他陷入过度的哀伤之中。
After her mother died, she abandoned herself to grief.母亲死后,她沉浸于悲痛之中。
The rich man abandoned himself to pleasures.这个有钱人沉溺于寻欢作乐。
Do not abandon yourself to pleasures.不可一味享乐。
The young man abandoned himself to dissipation.这个年轻人过着放荡的生活.
They abandoned themselves to intemperance.他们饮酒无度。
She abandoned herself to the serene landscape.她沉浸在宁静的景色之中。
You should not abandon yourself to eating and drinking.你不应该过于贪图吃喝。
The sailors abandoned themselves to drinking.水手们纵情饮酒。
- 使全然陷入give (sth/sb/oneself) completely to (sth such as a feeling or condition, or sb) abandon sb/sth to sth/sb
- with〔in〕 abandon
尽情地; 放纵地in an uncontrolled way, as if you do not care what the result will be
The child cried with abandon. 这孩子放声大哭。
The kids were splashing paint with abandon. 孩子们任意地泼洒着颜料。
The fans cheered with abandon when their football team won. 当他们的足球队踢赢时,球迷们便疯狂地欢呼。
The food was consumed with joyous abandon. 大家痛快地将食物吃个精光。
His supporters screamed with wild abandon. 替他捧场的人疯狂地尖叫。
The children sang and danced with a most charming abandon that day. 那天孩子们尽情地唱歌跳舞,可爱极了。
The football fans cheered with passionate abandon. 足球迷们热烈地尽情欢呼。
The gypsies danced with gay abandon. 吉普赛人纵情地跳舞。
The kids hurled pieces of wood on the fire with gay abandon. 孩子们尽情地往火堆里扔木块。
He signed cheques with careless abandon. 他无所顾忌地乱开支票。
This year holiday shoppers are spending money with reckless abandon. 今年的假日购物者花钱毫无顾忌。
People were shouting and cheering in gay abandon. 人们兴高采烈,纵情欢呼。
They shouted in wild abandon. 他们狂呼乱叫。
The grapes grew in wild abandon. 葡萄长疯了。
- 尽情地; 放纵地in an uncontrolled way, as if you do not care what the result will be
- abandon a bad habit 革除恶习
- abandon a car 弃车
- abandon a design 放弃一项设计
- abandon a difficult task 推卸一项艰巨的任务
- abandon a drought area 离开旱灾区
- abandon a dwelling 放弃一个住所
- abandon a fort 放弃一个堡垒
- abandon a habit 摒弃一种习惯
- abandon all hope 放弃一切希望
- abandon an attempt 放弃尝试
- abandon a policy 放弃一项政策
- abandon a project 放弃一项方案
- abandon a regular practice 放弃寻常的做法
- abandon a scheme 放弃一项设计
- abandon a village 放弃一个村庄
- abandon a way of living 放弃某种生活方式
- abandon a wrecked plane 丢弃失事的飞机
- abandon a wrecked ship 丢弃失事的轮船
- abandon evil and do good 弃恶从善
- abandon land 放弃领土
- abandon large quantities of supplies 抛弃大批辎重
- abandon one's baby 遗弃婴儿
- abandon one's country 离开国家
- abandon one's farm 离开农场
- abandon one's friends 抛弃朋友
- abandon one's homeland 离开故乡
- abandon one's hope 放弃希望
- abandon one's interests 放弃利益
- abandon one's native language 不再讲本国语
- abandon one's obligation 推卸责任
- abandon one's original stand 背弃原来的立场
- abandon one's parents 抛弃父母
- abandon one's post 放弃职位
- abandon one's positions 放弃阵地
- abandon one's right 放弃权利
- abandon one's wife and children 抛弃妻儿
- abandon ship 弃船(逃生)
- abandon smoking 戒烟
- abandon territory 放弃领土
- abandon the idea 放弃那个想法
- abandon completely 完全放弃
- abandon definitely 肯定放弃
- abandon dejectedly 沮丧地放弃
- abandon delightfully 愉快地放弃
- abandon despairingly 绝望地放弃
- abandon dramatically 戏剧性地放弃
- abandon entirely 全部放弃
- abandon eventually 最终放弃
- abandon forever 永远放弃
- abandon mournfully 悲哀地放弃
- abandon probably 可能放弃
- abandon recklessly 轻率地放弃
- abandon regretfully 遗憾地放弃
- abandon reluctantly 不情愿地放弃
- abandon shamefully 无耻地遗弃
- abandon shamelessly 无耻地遗弃
- abandon simultaneously 同时放弃
- abandon temporarily 暂时放弃
- abandon for 放弃〔停止〕…而从事〔进行〕…
- abandon law for the fine arts 弃学法律改学美术
- abandon medicine for literature 弃医从文
- abandon the old for the new 喜新厌旧
- abandon to 使全然陷入
- abandon oneself to 陷入; 放纵于,沉溺于
- abandon oneself to despair 陷入绝望,自暴自弃
- abandon oneself to drinking 纵酒
- abandon oneself to emotion 感情用事
- abandon oneself to evil ways 走邪道
- abandon oneself to grief 陷于悲伤
- abandon oneself to intemperance 饮酒无度
- abandon oneself to one's fate 听天由命
- abandon oneself to pleasure 恣意享乐
- abandon oneself to sth 沉湎于某事
- abandon oneself to the mercy of sb 听任某人摆布自己
Fortune to her law cannot abandune me.出自：J. Skelton
- abandon的基本意思是“弃”。一是指因困难或危险(尤指因匆忙或想要逃跑)不得已而放弃某物或者离开某地,即停止行使权力或所有权的实施而“离弃”“放弃”“舍弃”或“丢弃”; 二是指不顾责任或义务而“离弃”“遗弃”或“抛弃”某人,如需要抚养的儿女、需要赡养的父母或者需要照顾的伤残病人等; 三是指中途停止已经开始或正在进行而尚未完成或取得成果的工作、事业,“放弃”某种信仰、希望或想法,“背弃”某种诺言而停止实施帮助或支持,“戒除”某种行为或说话方式以及不良习惯等。
- abandon所指的“放弃”强调“永远”和“完全”。其动机既可以是正确的,也可以是不正确的; 既可以是被迫的,也可以是出于逃避责任的主观故意。
- abandon一般用作及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语,有时还可接以“as+形容词”充当补足语的复合宾语,可用于被动结构。abandon的主语通常是人。作“离弃”“遗弃”解时宾语为人,其后常接介词短语to sth；作“放弃”“舍弃”解时宾语为物,其后常接介词短语to sb/sth。
- abandon oneself to常用于正式文体中,意思是“陷于某种情感或状态中”,介词to之后一般接表示某种感情或欲望的词作宾语。
- abandon用作名词时的意思是“放任; 尽情; 任意; 放纵”,常用于介词短语with〔in〕 abandon中。
- abandon, desert, forsake, give up, leave, quit
1.abandon的宾语可以是对其负有权利和义务的人(朋友、妻室儿女等)、物或事物(计划、希望、意见、职业等),例如:He abandoned medicine for literature.他弃医从文。desert的宾语主要是职责或应尽的义务; forsake的宾语可以是某种宗教信仰或爱好等,也可以是某人曾经一度爱慕或依恋过的人或物。例如:She forsook her worldly possessions to devote herself to the church.她抛弃所有而献身教会。2.leave为普通用语,表示一般的“离开”,与off搭配时表示“放弃”,例如:It's time you left off that childish habit of thought.你该放弃那种孩子似的思维习惯了。abandon强调不负责任,丢弃不顾,永远和完全放弃,例如:I would never abandon any friends.我永远不会遗弃我的朋友。desert强调背信弃义,违背允诺、誓言或逃避责任,为法律或道德所不容; forsake强调断绝感情上的依恋,含有并不违背法律和道德规范的意味; quit表示突然地、仓促地放弃; give up包含有abandon, quit或leave的意思。3.在原因或动机上, abandon, leave, give up可以是主动的、自愿的,也可以是被迫的、勉强的; quit则是主动的、自愿的,例如:I'd had enough, so I quit.我受够了,所以我辞职不干了。
- ☆ 14世纪晚期英进入语，直接源自古法语的abandoner，意为投降，放任。
- v.(动词) cast aside desert forsake give up leave behind let go quit withdraw from discontinue drop surrender wash one's hands
- abandonment n. 遗弃,放弃
- abandoning:片名: 失魂落魄 小心，女人！ 永不放弃 魂牵梦萦 Abandon 主演: 本杰明·布拉特 Benjamin Bratt Wade Handler 托尼·高德温 Tony Goldwyn Dr. Da…