- Trans-2-hexenal formed from linolenic acid is major component of the aroma.
- Heterotrophic cultivation is helpful to the accumulation of linolenic acid.
- Linolenic acid An unsaturated 18-carbon fatty acid occurring commonly in plants as the glyceryl ester, for example in linseed oil and poppy-seed oil.
- The abundance of linolenic acid in soybean oil is responsible for the development of an off-flavor problem known as flavor reversion.
- Linolenic acid, the marine source, can be found in certain fatty fish such as mackerel, lake trout, herring, sardines, albacore tuna and salmon.