a thousand to one的用法和样例：
- It is a thousand to one but you'll succeed.
- The map is drawn on a thousand to one scale.
- A thousand confused thoughts come to one's mind.
- Conversely, the probability of this person discarding his work is at least a thousand to one against, yet the typical application always includes a dialog box asking the user if he wants to save his changes, like the one shown in Figure 10-4.
显然，用户选择保存工作1 000倍大于不保存的情况。 然而典型的应用程序总是包含一个对话框询问用户是否想要保持其更改，如图10-4所示。
- The little boy can count up to a thousand.
- Six to one is a good price for that horse.