a standing army的用法和样例：
- The raising or keeping a standing army in time of peace is illegal.
- The President is Commander-in-Chief of the army, but Congress appropriates money for a standing army.
- China's vast land and large population have justified the necessity of maintaining a standing army.
- China's vast land and large population have justified the necessity of maintaining a standing army of a certain size in order to maintain national security.
- The army made a stand against the fierce attack.
- The objectives which have been brought against a standing army, and they are many and weighty, and deserve to prevail, may also at last be brought against a standing government.