a sparsely populated area的用法和样例：
- In this place there were undulating hills and a dense forest here and there.From the Eastern-Han on, it was always a sparsely populated area.
- The Colorado Boys Ranch(CBR) is located in the southeastern part of the state, a sparsely populated area with fiat plains reaching out to the horizon in all directions.
- According to the joint UN-European Commission's Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System, or GDAC, the quake struck in a sparsely populated area, but only about 50 miles from Chengdu.
- Only in a sparsely populated rural community is it possible to disregard it.
- Xinjiang is a large, sparsely populated area, spanning over 1.6 million km2 (comparable in size to Iran or Western Europe), which takes up about one sixth of the country's territory.