a severe famine的用法和样例：
- The prophet foresaw a severe famine in the land .
- The prophet foresaw a severe famine in the land.
- In the spring of 1959, Mainland China suffered a severe famine, which produced an acute food shortage.
- After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need.
- And when he had spent all, a severe famine occurred throughout that country, and he began to be in want.
- But, after a severe famine in the 1770s, German monarchs - notably Frederick the Great of Prussia - promoted the kartoffel as a staple food crop as well.