a serious chronic ailment的用法和样例：
- Backgroud Acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) was caused by human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and it is a serious chronic contagious disease and could not be cured.
背景与目的 艾滋病是获得性免疫缺陷综合征(acquired immune deficiency syndrome，AIDS)的简称，它是由于感染了人类免疫缺陷病毒(human immunodeficiency virus，HIV)后引起的一种无法治愈的致死性慢性传染病。
- Objective: Diabetic nephropathy (DN), as a serious chronic microvascular implication of diabetes, has become one of the main etiological factors resulting in end stage of renal failure with the increasing incidence of diebets worldwide.
目的:糖尿病肾病(diabetic nephropathy,DN)是糖尿病常见和严重的慢性微血管并发症,它已成为终末期肾功能衰竭(end-stage renal failure,ESRF)的主要原因之一,因而探索糖尿病肾病的发病机制及其防治方法是当今肾病学者热切关注的课题。
- The poor man has a serious disease of the liver.
- He received a serious wound in the battle.
- That put us at a serious disadvantage.