a rule of thumb是什么意思，词典释义与在线翻译：
- A practical and approximate way of doing or measuring something
- A good rule of thumb is that a portion of rice is two and a half handfuls.
a rule of thumb的用法和样例：
- As a rule of thumb, the higher the better.
- As a rule of thumb, you should cook a chicken for 20 minutes for each pound that it weighs.
- As a rule of thumb, 14 Kbps of bandwidth s per call is ideal.
- Anything I do. Is going to be funky. That's a rule of thumb.
- A rule of thumb is to allow flexibility with length.