a privet hedge的用法和样例：
- The little brick house that Ashley took for his family was on Ivy Street directly behind Aunt Pitty's house and the two back yards ran together, divided only by a ragged overgrown privet hedge.
- Buying a house is the best hedge against inflation.
- He enclosed the land with a hedge.
- The word " traditional" implies that something has stood the test of time on its own merits and should be preserved -- red pillar boxes, duffel coats, marmalade, the August Bank Holiday, the pint, privet hedges, Wellington boots.
- It won't do to hedge your pupils in with a thousand dos and don'ts.