a poor excuse的用法和样例：
- His latest effort is a poor excuse for a novel.
- That's a poor excuse for picking a man's pocket every twenty-fifth of December!
- Several people stood in line ahead of me, including one woman who had matted, wet salt-and-pepper hair, with rainwater droplets bizarrely hanging from her earlobes like a poor excuse for earrings.
- a poor excuse for a poet; a sorry excuse for a car.
- Reading in a poor light may bring on a headache.
- We had a poor crop of raspberries this year.