a pewter tankard的用法和样例：
- Still brandishing the broken half of the pipe and thundering away, Tseng Tsang-hai snatched up a pewter candlestick and hurled it at Ah Erh's face.
- For instance, my breakfast was for a long time bread and milk (no tea), and I ate it out of a two penny earthen porringer, with a pewter spoon.
- The minister stated that a tinker's dam was a dam made by itinerant menders of tinware on a pewter plate to contain the solder.
牧师表示，‘a tinker's dam’是游走于各地的锡器修补匠们在修补器皿时所围成的一个围边，用来填放焊料并防止焊料外溢。）”
- At the Royal Selangor's School of Hard Knocks, visitors learn how pewter is produced, and are then given the opportunity to make and personalized a pewter dish of their own.
- Soon the bar-parlour of the "Hope and Anchor" was filled with men who had come in to drink the healths of the returned brothers, and Sally and the maid were kept busy running to and fro with the pewter tankards and earthenware mugs.