a penal colony的用法和样例：
- Deportation to a penal colony.
- An island group in the Atlantic Ocean off the northeast coast of Brazil. The islands were once used as a penal colony.
- The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.Robert Heinlein.The moon is a penal colony ruled by an iron-fisted administration.
- Another was Australia, which became a penal colony now that America was no longer available for prisoners and debtors.
- Fernando is an island group in the Atlantic Ocean off the northeast coast of Brazil. The islands were once used as a penal colony.
- Captain Arthur Phillip leaves Portsmouth, England with eleven ships full of convicts (First Fleet) to establish a penal colony in Australia.