- An obstruction or a closure of a passageway or vessel.
- A structure that can be swung, drawn, or lowered to block an entrance or a passageway.
- A passageway between rows of seats, as in an auditorium or an airplane.
- A passageway or shaft in which air circulates, as in ventilating a mine.
- A tract of land forming a passageway, such as one that allows an inland country access to the sea through another country.
- An arbor or a passageway of columns supporting a roof of trelliswork on which climbing plants are trained to grow.