a number of的用法和样例：
- The bishop conducted a number of confirmations at the service.
- A number of cables are needed in this project.
- The Green Party hopes to put up a number of candidates in the General Election.
- Quite a number of world famous paintings are on show in this exhibition.
- The play contains a number of typical Stoppard set pieces.
- A number of soldiers were detached to guard the building.
- A number of burglaries have been committed in this area recently.
- I have consulted a number of law books in the British Museums.
- quite a number of相当多的(许多)...
a number of的相关资料：