- Clothes,such as pajamas or a nightgown,worn in bed.
- She is wearing an evening gown.<=>She is wearing a nightgown.
- Clothes, such as pajamas or a nightgown, worn in bed.
- She is wearing a nightgown.
- Scarlett, peering at her sisters in the dim flaring light, saw that Carreen wore a nightgown, clean but in tatters, and Suellen lay wrapped in an old negligee, a brown linen garment heavy with tagging ends of Irish lace.
- She told me that I shouldn't wear a nightgown to school, that in America people only wear nightgowns to sleep in !