a naval battle的用法和样例：
- Leon received his baptism of fire in a naval battle when he was eighteen years old.
- A naval battle in 1805 off the SW coast of Spain,the French and Spanish fleets were defeated by the English under Nelson (who was mortally wounded).
- But because ships, like regiments, are composed of hundreds of men each, you can still have a large number of personnel in a naval battle.
- Finnish-Swedish research team said it has found a Soviet submarine that was sunk in a naval battle in the Battle Sea during World War II.
- A naval battle in World War II (1944),a decisive naval victory for the US fleet over the Japanese who were trying to block supplies from reaching American troops on Leyte.
- A naval battle in the Spanish-American War (1898),the US fleet bottled up the Spanish ships in the harbor of Santiago de Cuba and destroyed them when they tried to escape.