a goodly number的用法和样例：
- A goodly number of people came to the play.
- Move them up here.There's a goodly number of trebuchets, my lord.
- He had caught a goodly number, when he saw a Scorpion, and mistaking him for a locust, reached out his hand to take him.
- A goodly number of people today are developing (or have already developed) this sense, but as a percentage of the whole, it’s still pretty low.
- All these latter creatures are bloodless, and such of them as have feet have a goodly number of them; and of the insects some have wings as well as feet.
- On a more positive note, a goodly number of veterans have written that the book caused them to reflect on what they had learned in the Army, especially responsibility.