a brace of pistols的用法和样例：
- The next thing I laid hold of was a brace of pistols.
- The next thing I laid hold of was a brace of pistols, and as I already had a powder-horn and bullets, I felt myself well supplied with arms.
- I jumped out, and came as near running as I durst, with a big silk handkerchief under my hat for coolness' sake, and a brace of pistols ready primed for safety.
我跳下小船，大着胆子向前跑去。 为了凉快，我在帽子里垫了块绸帕； 为了安全，我又将两支手枪装好了弹药。
- Then he re-entered the house, strapped a belt round his waist, shoved a brace of pistols into it, took up a stout cudgel that stood in a corner of the hall, and set off for the Wild Wood at a smart pace.
- They will be ready in a brace of shakes.
- She went to the market for a brace of partridges.