a backward step的用法和样例：
- He took a backward step and ran away.
- She felt that going back to live in her home town would be a backward step.
- Australia had implemented a "white Australians" policy in the past. The emergence of the One Nation party is a backward step and an attempt to revive an outdated practice.
- In discussing the appalling standard of Chinese, our concern is neither to make it a dominant language nor to raise its status - this will be a backward step.
- But some shareholder rights groups have said that the measures could prove to be a backward step in efforts to improve corporate governance.