英 [ʃəʊ'ʃəʊni] 美 [ʃoʊ'ʃoʊni]
a member of the North American Indian people (related to the Aztecs) of the southwestern United States
the language spoken by the Shoshone (belonging to the Uto-Aztecan family)
- There he met the famous Shoshone chieftain Washakie.
- The Shoshone were nervous.They didn't want to be ambushed.
- Early inhabitants included the Shoshone and Paiute Indians.
- They were the first white men the Shoshone had ever seen.
- Although the Shoshone welcomed Lewis, they were suspicious.
- Luckily the Shoshone band and their chief Cameahwait were convinced.