- The sfumato was Leonardo's way of blending colours as softly as smoke.
- Two features are special to this extraordinary portrait: the sfumato technique and the remarkable landscape.
- My goal for lighting and rendering was to create a painterly image with depth and atmosphere in a sfumato flavor.
- The lips are obscured by the landscape of the trees in Leonardo's typical blended style of Sfumato.
- Two features are special to this extraordinary portrait: the “sfumato”technique and remarkable landscape.
- The council had hoped to discover more details about Leonardo's "sfumato" technique of subtly blending one tone into another, which the artist used to create a hazy effect.