(Greek mythology) a mountain in central Greece where (according to Greek mythology) the Muses lived; known as the mythological home of music and poetry;
"Liakoura is the modern name of Mount Parnassus"
- In his chosen field Vince Lord could, and probably would scale the Parnassus heights.
- An excellent Python code tool repository resides at The Vaults of Parnassus XML page.
- Although the temples have fallen, the rocky crags of Parnassus still tower over Delphi, and cascading waters still rush to the sea.
- The Wei and the Jin Dynasties witnessed a new force of philosophers on the Parnassus and thenew force constituted the rivalry to the traditional poets.
- The most famous oracle resided in the shrine of Apollo at Delphi, located on the slopes of Mount Parnassus.
- Faults, which were well exposed on the uplifted slopes of Mount Parnassus, had cut through bituminous limestone.