- This is the sepulchre that he made in Modin even unto this day.
- And Simon sent, and took the bones of Jonathan his brother, and buried them in Modin, in the city of his fathers.
- And Jonathan and Simon took Judas their brother, and buried him in the sepulchre of their fathers in the city of Modin.
- Then he chose out of the country twenty thousand fighting men, and horsemen, and they went forth against Cendebeus: and they rested in Modin.
- In those days arose Mathathias the son of John, the son of Simeon, a priest of the sons of Joarib, from Jerusalem, and he abode in the mountain of Modin.