family of small usually brilliantly colored butterflies; males have short forelegs
- A small blue butterfly of the family Lycaenidae.
- In-groups form 3 lineages: Riodinidae, Pieridae and Lycaenidae.
- Any member of the widely occurring lepidopteran family Lycaenidae.
- Totally, five families and forty-two species recorded were as followed: Papilionidae (8 species), Pieridae (7 species), Nymphalidae (16 species), Lycaenidae (5 species), and Hesperiidae (6 species).
- Studies of Lycaenidae in Qinghai Province
- Lepidoptera Lycaenidae New Records in Jiangxi