- Whereupon the Emperor ridiculed him, saying "It was easier, then, for Apollonius to come to Rome from Chalcis than from his house to my palace".
- Aristotle's position became dangerous as a result of his Macedonian links, and he fled from Athens to Chalcis in the Island of Euboea where he died in 322 BC.
- the consanguinities of genera between different tribes were farther, such as Chalcis and Brachymeria, Dirhinus and Hallichella;
- The results of three cladistic methods showed: the consanguinities of different genera in a same tribe were closer, such as Chalcis and Conura, Trigonurella, Megalocolus and Trigonura;
- the genera with the closest consanguinities were: Tainaniella and Oxycoryphe, Proconura and Nipponochalcidia, Chalcis and Conura, Megalocolus and Trigonura, they were regarded as 4 pairs of sister groups.